Moving forward our focus is what is important to people, their strengths, and what support is required for people to be successful
Service Coordination Support (SCS) for People with Developmental Disabilities is continuously improving our case management services to ensure that the people we support are engaged in planning for the future of their choice.
“We listened to your ideas, comments and feedback. One of our goals is to better communicate how our case management services can support you. Essentially people need to know what to expect. Moving forward our focus is what is important to people, their strengths, and what support is required for people to be successful,” said Karen Niman, Director of Support Services at SCS.
Case management at SCS is a collaborative, inclusive, and individualized process. We work towards goal setting, planning, advocating, and exploring available community resources to support the achievement of personal outcomes.
We are pleased to share how we can support you to achieve your goals and develop a plan for the future of your choice.
A case manager will help you:
‣ Focus on goals that are important to you
‣ Include the people who are important to you
‣ Identify your strengths and interests
‣ Build and strengthen your relationships and support network
‣ Plan for life transitions
‣ Coordinate meetings with other service providers by:
◦ Assisting you with preparing for the meeting
◦ Supporting you at the meeting
◦ Understanding roles and responsibilities
‣ Support problem solving and group facilitation
‣ Coordinate community resources, such as:
◦ Skills development or education programs
◦ Social and recreational programs
◦ Child care programs
◦ Support workers or respite programs
◦ Volunteering or work opportunities
◦ Support groups
◦ Financial programs
◦ Housing services
◦ Transportation services
◦ Specialized services, such as counselling, behaviour management, medical, therapy, equipment …
We will be hosting information sessions for individuals, families and our partner agencies to share our role as communicated above.
We are developing a short animated video to explain how are our case management services at SCS can support you. This video will be available at all times on our website and we will use it during our information sessions, in addition to sharing it in our communications.
About Service Coordination Support (SCS) for People with Developmental Disabilities
SCS is the initial contact for individuals who have a developmental disability or autism in Ottawa and the Eastern Region. We help people find the supports and services in the community that are needed to assist them in their daily lives. One of our important goals is to empower families and individuals to make informed choices about the supports they seek.
Service Coordination Support (SCS) for People with Developmental Disabilities
200-150 Montreal Road, Ottawa, ON, K1L 8H2