Children’s Case Management:
Eligibility and Registration
SCS provides information, support, and guidance to children who are diagnosed with a developmental disability and/or Pervasive developmental disorders (Autism spectrum).
CCM Eligibility Criteria
The child must meet the following criteria to be eligible for CCM at SCS:
- The child is at a sub-average general intellectual functioning level. In most cases, the scores of the child in the psychological assessment are below the second percentile.
- The child has significant limitations in adaptive functioning in at least 2 of the following skill areas: communication, self-care, home living, social/interpersonal skills, use of community resources, self-direction, functional academic skills, work, leisure, and health and safety.
- The child has a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder.
If your child meets the criteria above, you must share supporting documents with SCS that confirm a diagnosis of a developmental disability and/or autism spectrum disorder.
To confirm the diagnosis of your child, please share one of the following:
- Assessment from a psychologist
- Assessment from a pediatrician
At this step, you have confirmed your child is eligible and you have provided the supporting documents. You are ready to register for Children’s Case Management.
When you first contact SCS, you will be connected to a Children’s Case Manager.
The Children’s Case Manager will assist you with completing the registration process. Make sure to have all the supporting documents with you.
Please call SCS at 613-748-1788. An employee at the reception will direct your call to a Children’s Case Manager.
Option B: Complete the Online Registration Form
If you prefer, you may also choose to register by filling out the on-line registration form.
A Children’s Case Manager will contact you after you have completed the online registration form.
Visit the links below to learn more about what is a developmental disability and what is the Autism Spectrum Disorder: